Friday, March 19, 2010

Recent Trips

I've neglected things here a little, so today I thought I would just let the birds do the talking.  I have been trying new settings, and new cameras, trying to add a little zip, and a bit of a more crisp image.  Let's just say, it hasn't worked out too well!  I am trying a higher ISO and smaller lens opening, to capture those flight shots with a little better depth of field.  So far, all I've been able to achieve is a much higher level of digital "Noise" in my images.  Thanks to Adobe Lightroom, I've been able to salvage a few shots that are not too embarrassing!
 Cackling Geese At Baskett Slough

My favorite duck, Northern Shoveler.

Male Northern Harrier terrorizing the sheep!
I have to include at least one poop shot!

And of course, a law breaker, fate tempting shot!
I will have another post very soon, I am working on a collection of Harrier shots, linking them together to show their graceful almost mesmerizing hunting flight patterns.  I can't get over the beauty of them in active hunting.  I often miss really great shots opportunities because I can't stop watching the butterfly like motion.

Thanks for looking and check out my newest link, it's to the Idaho Bird Observatory.  I can not wait to visit them sometime.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment